Tuesday, January 30, 2007

ELDER DOUGAL UPDATE

So Ben has been in Selma Al for almost 3 weeks. He has amother great companion and loves the people of Selma. His new address is

111 c Oak St
Selma Al. 36701

This is an e-mail that he sent to Terry last week.

This week I meet the first black women (or person for that matter) to join the church in Selma. She opened the door for black people here and went through a lot.Her son died and she started drinking a lot. One night her son came to her and told her that he was doing fine and if she did good they could be together again. That night she started praying to find the one true church.
A few weeks later, coming home from work she saw two young men with bikes at her door. Miss Chainy, one man said, yes she said, the holy spirit sent us here to share a message with you. She let them in. She recalled how she couldn’t understand them and they couldn’t understand her, but they keep going. One night at 9 pm she started praying, asking if the things they had told her were true. She said a 3 am she knew everything they had told her was true and she needed to be baptized at 9 on Friday.
After she was baptized, she lost her job, no one wanted to give a Morman a job. So she was unable to find one. Every night she and her 9 kids would sit up and have people shouting and all sorts of stuff outside her house. The Bishop moved a week later, members stopped coming to church and moved. But she keep going, she knew it was the true church. After her many more people were baptized into the ward.
Now we have a branch, most of the people are older, about 30 people show on a good day. When I got here I thought to myself, this branch isn’t going to last very long, Selma is falling apart, people moving out, the older members will be gone and that will be it. But then I began to meet the people of Selma. I saw good. I saw the Lords hand preparing a mighty host of young people to hold the church up in Selma.
One such young man is a contact we made. Failing to find the person we were going to teach at home we were walking back to our bikes. That is when we met David. Latter we were able to teach him. David had a seed planted a long time ago, mostly forgotten and cast to the side, it has been seeking light. With the message we shared it began to grow before us. We spent almost two hours there, time well used. I know the Lord puts is where we are needed, I know he is preparing people for me and for y’all to share the light of the gospel with. Be bold, Share what you have. I love you Dad and know the Lord is taking care of y’all. Love Elder DOugal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home